Benvenuti in Toscana! Are you ready to travel with your tastebuds?
I am heading to the culture rich region of Tuscany, Italy – and you’re invited. We’ll experience the flavors of tradition and discover how the region creates such a stunning diversity of local wines. And of course – we won’t forget the food. From delicious pecorino cheese to homemade pasta, we’ll relish the best of handmade cuisine whilst learning the art of wine pairing.
Join me on a taste odyssey to experience the terra that enriches deep reds and produces some of the world’s favorite foods – see you in Italia!
Meet Your Host
Mina Im is the founder and editor behind ChicagoFoodGirl.com. With a background in communications, digital media and writing, Mina achieved marketing success for herself, as well as national and local brands. She has collaborated with companies such as McDonald’s, Crate and Barrel, Walmart, Starbucks, Teavana, Evolution Fresh, Uniqlo, Virgin Hotels, Noosa Yoghurt, and many more, in both creative partnerships and brand representation.
A little bit about Mina: she works in corporate marketing for a top global asset management investment firm by day, addicted to matcha green tea, loves to dine at a new restaurant every week, lives for to-do lists, loves to entertain, and believes that confidence is the best accessory.
Exploration of a biodynamic winery
Discover a biodynamic farm to learn about sustainable agriculture and the impact on the area whilst enjoying a tasting of local cheese and cold cuts.
Meet a local pecorino cheese maker & enjoy lunch!
Discover all the secrets of traditional cheese making in Pienza. See the animals and enjoy a tasting of local products and sheep cheese on a delicious lunch accompanied by local red wine.
Visit the walled hilltop gem of San Gimignano
Reach the walled hilltop gem of San Gimignano, a World Heritage site with 14 picturesque medieval towers, and visit its historical center.
Relais Il Chiostro
The Relais Chiostro di Pienza is a former Franciscan Convent dating back to the 13th century, located in an enviable position, in the center of the magnificent hamlet of Pienza, in the heart of the Val d’Orcia.
The Relais, in addition, the charm of antiquity and history which has literally “passed” through its rooms, hides a wonderful surprise: the panoramic terrace with garden set in the romantic Sienese hills.
The Relais Il Chiostro di Pienza is today an elegant and tranquil location, offering comfortable and stimulating accommodation due to its uniqueness together with the functionality of its rooms and facilities.
Palazzo San Niccolò
Situated in the homonym neighborhood, Palazzo San Niccolò is the perfect place to enjoy Florence – the city of flowers. The ‘50s design of the interiors, the quiet and delightful private garden and the bright and wide lounge will make you forget that you are just in the heart of the Oltrarno neighborhood. In the same street you can admire artisans working in their shops, or you can have the famous Italian aperitivo in one of the several food and wine bars close by. You can also enjoy a beautiful walk to Forte Belvedere, Piazzale Michelangelo or to the new restored Poggi fountain.
- DAY 1
- DAY 2
- DAY 3
- DAY 4
- DAY 5
What's Not Included
- Accommodation (2 x overnight 4-star Relais Il Chiostro, 2 x overnight 4-star Palazzo San Niccolò in Radda in Chianti)
- 4 x Breakfast at hotel
- 1 x Welcome Dinner (3 courses with wine pairing) at the Hotel's restaurant
- 1 x Farewell dinner in the vineyards
- 1 x Cheese and cold cuts tasting
- 1 x Welcome Drink at the hotel upon arrival
- 1 x Private visit and Lunch (3 courses, water and wine) at a local Pecorino cheese farm in Pienza
- 1 x Gelato tasting in San Gimignano
- 1 x Hike along with the TL from San Quirico D'orcia to Bagno Vignoni
- 1 x Private visit at a local family-run winery producing Brunello di Montalcino wine and featuring a biodynamic vegetable garden, including vineyards, cellar and garden
- Transfers - Private 20-seat coach for all transportation as per program with English speaking driver and water available at all time. Private transfer from Siena to the hotel on day 1, FD on day, FD on day 3 and Private transfer from Radda to Florence airport
- Tips Included
- 24-hour emergency line also included
- Anything not listed in What's Included
- Arrival transportation (planes, trains, or automobiles)
- Airport transfers or transfers not noted in the itinerary
- Tours, events and activities outside those noted in the itinerary
- Any food and drinks outside except where specified / detailed
- Personal items and expenses
- Any additional services at the hotel (room service, phone calls, additional nights, etc.)
- Travel insurance
- Entrance to the SPA at San Nicolò Hotel in Radda in Chianti - € 25 per person
|Due Date||Amount / %|
|First payment||Upon Booking||$300 deposit|
|Proceeding payments||July 24, 2023||50% of the total value of your booking|
|Final balance payment||August 23, 2023||Remaining balance|
Good to know. While a trip is Pending, payments except for the first deposit payment are refundable in line with the trip’s cancellation policy. Once a trip is Confirmed, subsequent payments are non-refundable.
- WHAT TIME DOES THE RETREAT START AND END?
- WHICH AIRPORT DO I FLY INTO?
- HOW DO I GET FROM AIRPORT TO THE VENUE?
- DOES THE RETREAT CATER TO SPECIAL DIETARY NEEDS?
- CAN I COME TO THIS RETREAT ALONE?
- WILL I GET ANY “FREE” TIME?
- I WANT TO SHARE A ROOM, BUT I AM TRAVELING ALONE, DO YOU ASSIGN ME SOMEONE TO SHARE THE ROOM WITH?
- HOW DO YOU ASSIGN THE ROOMS?
- WHAT IS THE COVID CANCELLATION POLICY?
- IS TRAVEL INSURANCE INCLUDED?
- IS MY DEPOSIT REFUNDABLE IF I DECIDE TO CANCEL THE TRIP?
- WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR OPERATING THIS TRIP?
- WHO DO I REACH OUT TO IF I HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS?