Water of Life: A Journey of Irish Whiskey
Craft spirits meet warm hospitality in Ireland’s Foodie capital.
Cliff walking – Cheese tasting ⋅Distillery visits ⋅ Smokehouse dinner
Irish whiskey and good times have been friends forever. The rich diversity of the Emerald Isle produces superlative flavors, from the richness of the dairy to the fresh shellfish of the cold Atlantic waters. With farmer families and master distillers as our guides, we’ll spend five days blending good times with great spirits on a journey of taste to the heart of Irish whiskey and the warm Irish hospitality that invites celebration at every sip.
GRAIN TO GLASS
Go behind the scenes at Jameson for a visit to the microdistillery and cooperage before raising a glass of their world-renowned ‘water of life’
Hit the trail for a cliff walk along the deep blue Irish Sea, the perfect introduction to the dramatic landscapes of County Cork
After time to make our own Cork adventures, we’ll head to dinner at a smokehouse eatery that expertly pairs good times with great spirits
- DAY 1 - GRAIN TO GLASS
- DAY 2 - HAILED HAMLETS
- DAY 3 - FOODIE FUN
- DAY 4 - REBEL CITY
- DAY 5 - IRISH GOODBYE
Accommodations are hand-selected for each and every trip from a portfolio of rigorously-vetted hotels. Our Trip Design team prioritizes location, comfort, and design to ensure your stay is a winning mix, every time. On our Irish Whiskey trip we often stay in hotels such as Liss Ard Estate and Hotel Dean .
Countryside: Set in with 163 acres of pristine nature and manicured gardens and featuring a 40 acre private lake (and James Turrell’s Sky Garden), along with a cozy bar scene and an awarded restaurant, the Liss Ard Estate is something to write home about.
Cork: In the heart of Cork’s Victorian Quarter, Hotel Dean is a slice of boutique bliss in the heart of one of Europe’s most exciting cities. Bespoke rooms that will make you smile and a roof-top restaurant with a view like no other.
What's Not Included
- Almost everything.
- Curated activities, local cuisine and libations, new knowledge, delightful travel companions – and so much more.
- Four nights hotel accommodation
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Nightly round of drinks
- Activities mentioned in the itinerary
- Guided Ballycotton cliff walking
- Behind the scenes Jameson distillery visit
- Cheesemaking demonstration
- Artisanal salmon smoking experience
- Family-owned distillery visit
- Return transportation to and from all scheduled activities where required
- Services of a brilliant local Tastemaker (trip leader)
- Tips and gratuities at hotels and at group meals
- All local taxes
- Flights and airport transfers are not included
- Food, drinks, and activities outside those specified in the itinerary
- Personal items and expenses
- Any additional services at the hotel (room service, phone calls etc)
- Travel insurance
Why Spirited Stories?
01 | MADE TO SHARE
Perfect moments are shared. Our trips bring people together in the most time-honored way – around lively tables with friends old and new.
02 | GOOD TASTE
Our trips are delicious by design. From first sip to last mouthful, we understand that the best way to experience a place is to taste it.
03 | EXCLUSIVE EXPERIENCES
We’ve partnered with wine and spirits experts to build itineraries that dive deep to serve up truly authentic & exclusive experiences.
- WHAT IS A SPIRITED STORIES TRIP AND WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT?
- WHO ARE SPIRITED STORIES TRIPS FOR?
- MY FRIENDS AND I WANT TO BOOK A PRIVATE TRIP, IS THAT POSSIBLE?
- I HAVE NEVER DONE A GROUP TRIP BEFORE. WHAT IS THE GROUP LIKE?
- IS SPIRITED STORIES A TRAVEL AGENT?
- HOW DO I CONTACT YOU?
- WHERE CAN I SUBMIT A PRESS INQUIRY?