Mythical Mezcal in Oaxaca, Mexico
A journey of smoke and sunshine in the vibrant heart of Mezcal country.
Oaxacan gastronomy ⋅ Hands-on cooking class ⋅ Mezcal bar crawl ⋅ Agave fields
There are spirits, and then there’s mezcal. The pungent, smoky drink is an integral part of the Oaxaca region, a sensory feast of vibrant culture, colorful architecture, rich history and spectacular culinary experiences. The earthy complexities of mezcal stand proudly at its heart and we discover it all, from the agave fields of artisanal producers to the perfect mezcalarita in a buzzing local bar.
We’ll elevate our palettes with an in-depth tasting at Mezcaloteca, a home-grown project dedicated to the conservation and diffusion of traditional mezcal and their biocultural processes.
We get up close and personal with the plant and the producers, visiting agave fields and palenques. From artesanal to ancestral, we’ll sample it all.
SALT AND SMOKE
We head into the kitchen for an in-depth, hands-on cooking lesson that celebrates the unique flavors of the Oaxaca region. From aqua fresca to mole amarillo and cactus salad, this fun and friendly feast will make a chef out of all of us.
Accommodations are hand-selected for each and every trip from a portfolio of rigorously-vetted hotels. Our Trip Design team prioritizes location, comfort, and design to ensure your stay is a winning mix, every time. In Oaxaca, we often stay in hotels such as Hotel Azul Oaxaca.
HOTEL AZUL OAXACA
Boutique, and oh-so charming, the Azul has a proud place as a center for Oaxacan art, culture, design and gastronomy – from rooms curated by renowned local designers to an inviting gallery space, contemporary meets pre-Hispanic cooking, and a terrace bar perfect for connecting.
What's Not Included
- Almost everything.
- Curated activities, local cuisine and libations, new knowledge, delightful travel companions – and so much more.
- Three nights hotel accommodation
- Daily breakfast
- Meals per the itinerary
- Nightly round of drinks
- Activities mentioned in the itinerary
- Walking tour of historic Oaxaca
- Mezcaloteca mezcal tasting
- Visit to Mitla
- Palenque tour and tasting lunch
- Cooking class lunch of regional specialties
- Mixology masterclass
- Return transportation to from all scheduled activities when required
- Return transportation from Oaxaca international airport to hotel
- Services of a brilliant local Tastemaker (Trip Leader)
- Tips and gratuities at hotels and at group meals
- All local taxes
- Flights are not included
- Any food, drinks, or activities except where specified
- Personal items and expenses
- Any additional services at the hotel (room service, phone calls etc)
- Travel insurance
Take one of our trips and reserve it for your group. Whether you’re traveling with friends, family, or colleagues, our trips can be made private at your request.
PICK YOUR BEST DATES
Whenever works for you works for us.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR ITINERARY
Because no one knows your crew like you do.
CELEBRATE A SPECIAL SOMETHING
From big birthdays to bachelor(ettes).
- WHAT IS A SPIRITED STORIES TRIP AND WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT?
- WHO ARE SPIRITED STORIES TRIPS FOR?
- MY FRIENDS AND I WANT TO BOOK A PRIVATE TRIP, IS THAT POSSIBLE?
- I HAVE NEVER DONE A GROUP TRIP BEFORE. WHAT IS THE GROUP LIKE?
- IS SPIRITED STORIES A TRAVEL AGENT?
- HOW DO I CONTACT YOU?
- WHERE CAN I SUBMIT A PRESS INQUIRY?