Pure Spirit: Explore Southern Sweden
A tippling journey of natural discovery to Sweden’s verdant vodka county.
Home of Absolut ⋅ Vodka masterclass ⋅ Nature foraging ⋅ Malmö nightlife
The fascinating Skåne region of Sweden, known for its beech forests and apple orchards, is our base for this deep-dive into a lesser-known part of Scandinavia. We discover local gourmet produce, take to the water in a UNESCO biosphere reserve, and explore the world of Absolut in Åhus – every drop of water and every seed of wheat in the world-famous vodka comes from here. Our last stop is hip Malmö, a city emerging from its industrial past as a bohemian and artistic hotspot.
After a lakeside hike, experience lunch in the wild inspired by the four elements of this lush region: apple, stone, water, and forest, and a menu featuring fire-cooked, foraged ingredients and accompanied by local lore
Come together over a celebratory, vodka-paired dinner at Absolut Home. Here, the kitchen of Chef Fredrik Wallgren gathers inspiration from the Scandinavian heritage of food culture and brings it to life in contemporary interpretations
Malmö has a legendary party scene and we’ll paint the town red, bar hopping to places like Grand Malmö, famous for generous and unusual cocktails using classic Nordic ingredients served with a hearty slice of cool musical vibes
- DAY 1 - ABSOLUT HOME
- DAY 2 - FORAGING WITH FRIENDS
- DAY 3 - MOUTHWATERING MALMÖ
- DAY 4 - ONWARDS!
Accommodations are hand-selected for each and every trip from a portfolio of rigorously-vetted hotels. Our Trip Design team prioritizes location, comfort, and design to ensure your stay is a winning mix, every time. In Southern Sweden, we often stay in hotels such as Åhus Gästgivaregård and Elite Hotel Esplanade.
ÅHUS, 2 NIGHTS
Åhus Gästgivaregård or “Gästis” as locals know it, is situated in an 18th century building, overlooking a characteristic waterway that leads to the Baltic Sea. Rooms here are bright and comfortable, and there is a lively evening scene perfect for a last tipple of whatever you fancy.
MALMÖ, 1 NIGHT
Elite Hotel Esplanade is located in an ideal position for exploring historic Malmö, quiet enough to get a great night’s sleep but steps away from historic Lilla Torg square and the best nightlife, restaurant, and shopping areas of the city.
What's Not Included
- Almost everything.
- Curated activities, local cuisine and libations, new knowledge, delightful travel companions – and so much more.
- Three nights hotel accommodation
- Daily breakfast
- Meals per the itinerary
- Nightly round of drinks
- Activities mentioned in the itinerary
- Vodka-paired dinner at Absolut Home
- Lunch in the wild experience
- Wetlands kayaking
- Absolut distillery tour
- Walking tour of Malmö
- Celebration dinner in Malmö
- Return transportation to from all scheduled activities when required
- Transport from Åhus to Malmö
- Services of a brilliant local Tastemaker (Trip Leader)
- Tips and gratuities at hotels and at group meals
- All local taxes
- Flights are not included
- Tours, events, and activities outside those noted in the itinerary
- Airport Transfers
- Any food or drinks outside except where specified/detailed
- Personal items and expenses
- Any additional services at the hotel (room service, phone calls etc)
- Travel insurance
Why Spirited Stories?
01 | MADE TO SHARE
Perfect moments are shared. Our trips bring people together in the most time-honored way – around lively tables with friends old and new.
02 | GOOD TASTE
Our trips are delicious by design. From first sip to last mouthful, we understand that the best way to experience a place is to taste it.
03 | EXCLUSIVE EXPERIENCES
We’ve partnered with wine and spirits experts to build itineraries that dive deep to serve up truly authentic & exclusive experiences.
- WHAT IS A SPIRITED STORIES TRIP AND WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT?
- WHO ARE SPIRITED STORIES TRIPS FOR?
- MY FRIENDS AND I WANT TO BOOK A PRIVATE TRIP, IS THAT POSSIBLE?
- I HAVE NEVER DONE A GROUP TRIP BEFORE. WHAT IS THE GROUP LIKE?
- IS SPIRITED STORIES A TRAVEL AGENT?
- HOW DO I CONTACT YOU?
- WHERE CAN I SUBMIT A PRESS INQUIRY?