Taste Burgundy: France Wine Journey
Immerse yourself in the soil and stories of Burgundy and the heart of terroir.
⋅Private cellar visits ⋅ Vineyard e-biking ⋅ Wine-paired cooking class
We’re serving up the superlative. The Burgundy region of east-central France is celebrated the world over for producing the most sought-after Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays on earth. Experience terroir in all its stunning diversity in Côte d’Or, from the Route des Grand Crus to the ancient cellars of Beaune. With deliciousness around every corner and produits du terroir aplenty, the hearty Burgundian cuisine is rustically, perfectly, French.
Roll up your sleeves for an in-depth dive into the best of Burgundian traditions with a cooking class paired with top vintages at the home of a personable local chef
Get your pedal on with an easygoing e-bike ride along the perfect vineyard lanes of the Côte de Nuit passing through the hallowed terroir of Clos-Vougeot and Vosne-Romanée before tastings and a traditional lunch
Sit down with a local legend to talk terroir and learn about the geologically rich microclimates that create stunning diversity in the grapes and ensure the perfect balance of sugars, acidity, and aromatics the world has come to crave
Accommodations are hand-selected for each and every trip from a portfolio of rigorously-vetted hotels. Our Trip Design team prioritizes location, comfort, and design to ensure your stay is a winning mix, every time. In Burgundy, we often stay in hotels such as Hotel Abbaye de Maizières.
HOTEL ABBAYE DE MAIZIÈRES
Hotel Abbaye de Maizières is a 12th-century former Cistercian Abbey, located in the heart of historical Beaune. The rooms are accessed from a spiral staircase in the tower (which we think is just about the coolest thing ever) and there is a small indoor pool perfect for splashing.
What's Not Included
- Almost everything.
- Curated activities, local cuisine and libations, new knowledge, delightful travel companions – and so much more.
- Three nights hotel accommodation
- Daily breakfast
- Meals per the itinerary
- Nightly round of drinks
- Activities mentioned in the itinerary
- Walking tour of historic Beaune
- Tasting at Joseph Drouhin
- Terroir talk with a local legend
- Full day e-bike rental and tour of the Côte de Nuit including cellar tastings and traditional lunch
- Cooking class dinner of Burgundian specialties with wine
- Celebration dinner at Caves Madeleine
- Return transportation to from all scheduled activities when required
- Return transportation from Oaxaca international airport to hotel
- Services of a brilliant local Tastemaker (Trip Leader)
- Tips and gratuities at hotels and at group meals
- All local taxes
- Flights are not included
- Tours, events, and activities outside those noted in the itinerary
- Airport transfers
- Any food or drinks outside except where specified/detailed
- Personal items and expenses
- Any additional services at the hotel (room service, phone calls etc)
- Travel insurance
Why Spirited Stories?
01 | MADE TO SHARE
Perfect moments are shared. Our trips bring people together in the most time-honored way – around lively tables with friends old and new.
02 | GOOD TASTE
Our trips are delicious by design. From first sip to last mouthful, we understand that the best way to experience a place is to taste it.
03 | EXCLUSIVE EXPERIENCES
We’ve partnered with wine and spirits experts to build itineraries that dive deep to serve up truly authentic & exclusive experiences.
- WHAT IS A SPIRITED STORIES TRIP AND WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT?
- WHO ARE SPIRITED STORIES TRIPS FOR?
- MY FRIENDS AND I WANT TO BOOK A PRIVATE TRIP, IS THAT POSSIBLE?
- I HAVE NEVER DONE A GROUP TRIP BEFORE. WHAT IS THE GROUP LIKE?
- IS SPIRITED STORIES A TRAVEL AGENT?
- HOW DO I CONTACT YOU?
- WHERE CAN I SUBMIT A PRESS INQUIRY?